The real estate attorneys at Wagenseller Law Firm handle real estate litigation and lawsuits throughout Los Angeles and Southern California
The experienced trial attorneys at Wagenseller Law Firm specialize in real estate litigation and real estate related lawsuits. Our lawyers can help you with any real estate matters and have the knowledge and experience to provide you with excellent legal service. You can rely on our expertise.
Some of our victories in court include:
- Specific Performance: Our real estate litigation attorneys won a motion for summary judgment for specific performance (i.e., ordering the sale of the warehouse to our client) on behalf of our manufacturing client against its landlord based on a breach of lease lawsuit in which the landlord refused to sell the building under a contractual option to buy. The court ordered the landlord to sell the building to our client on the terms set forth in the lease’s option to purchase. Our lawyers have handled numerous specific performance lawsuits over the purchase and sale of real property.
- Lis Pendens: Our real estate attorneys won in both the trial court and the appellate court on a motion to expunge a lis pendens from our client’s 57-unit townhome development near downtown Los Angeles. Wagenseller Law Firm has both challenged and defended the use of lis pendens (or Notices of Pending Action) in real estate litigation, including in the California Court of Appeal. We have brought many motions to expunge lis pendens in the Los Angeles Superior Court and have been successful many times.
- Real Estate Partnership Litigation: Our experienced partnership litigation attorneys successfully extricated a real estate developer in an alleged $1.8 million breach of partnership lawsuits. Our lawyers have been involved in a variety of real estate partnership litigation lawsuits.
- Limited Liability Company Litigation: Los Angeles real estate involves many LLC lawsuits and our business lawyers have extensive experience in resolving member-on-member litigation arising out of real estate transactions.
- Corporate Real Estate Litigation: Our business trial attorneys forced an unhappy corporate investor in our real estate developer client’s townhome development to dismiss its case against the developer and its principals. Our client paid nothing.
- Breach of Purchase and Sale Agreement Litigation: A common source of litigation in the real estate world is a perceived breach or misunderstanding over the parties’ obligations under the purchase and sale agreement.
- Partition: Our real estate litigation lawyers have handled numerous partition lawsuits between co-owners and often among family members. Because the court will simply order the sale of the property, partition lawsuits are best settled and we have successfully resolved partition lawsuits by negotiating buy-outs or sales of the property in question.
- Breach of Lease: Our partnership litigation lawyers successfully persuaded a restaurant tenant to dismiss his lawsuit for breach of the lease against his landlord (and former business partner). We have handled breach of lease lawsuits for failure to pay, breach of the exclusive use provision and other disputes.
- Boundary Lawsuits: The real estate litigation attorneys at Wagenseller Law Firm have handled many boundary disputes between neighbors.
- Breach of Guaranty: Our business litigation attorneys won a breach of guaranty trial against a lawyer who guaranteed payment on a loan for the purchase of an industrial building. Judgment totaled $500,000.
- Neighbor Lawsuits: Los Angeles neighbors often end up in litigation with their neighbors over boundaries, trees, fences, easements, adverse possession and other nuisances and claims. Our Los Angeles real estate attorneys can help you resolve these lawsuits.
- Writ of Attachment: Our business litigation attorneys secured a writ of attachment against a Lease Guarantor’s Beverly Hills mansion worth $3.5 million, freezing the asset and prompting a quick settlement for the entire amount we demanded. Our client recovered all of the back rent owing plus its attorneys’ fees.
- Stipulated Judgment and Full Repayment: In pursuing an industrial building tenant we negotiated full repayment of the back rent owing and protected the landlord with a stipulated judgment which, in the event that the tenant defaulted on the new payment plan, gave automatic judgment to our client. The tenant repaid the entire debt and our attorneys’ fees.
- Mixed-Use Building Litigation: We represented the owner of a commercial space in a mixed use (commercial, residential condominiums and a senior citizen home) building in litigation by a residential owner relating to alleged noise by one of the commercial tenants. While the other defendants paid to settle, our client paid nothing.
- Professional Negligence: Our real estate attorneys filed a lawsuit on behalf of our Hollywood Hills homeowner against his consultants for negligence in the entitlement and permitting process. We settled the case for a large payment to our client shortly before trial.
The Los Angeles real estate attorneys at Wagenseller Law Firm are experienced trial attorneys who specialize in real estate lawsuits. Our lawyers have successfully handled almost every type of real estate lawsuit in Los Angeles and we can help you resolve your real estate lawsuit or dispute. For more information, please call one of our experienced trial attorneys at (213) 286-0371.